Pages

Friday, March 28, 2008

As Yummy as Pi



I love to read. Reading is one of my favorite things and it absolutely thrills me when I find a good one! I mean in the Christian book circle there are plenty of informative books and they are great, but some times it is time for a good dose of fiction/nonfiction. A tale that teaches without spelling it out. That is sweet. So I am going to make a promise: This blog is now dedicated to the persuit of good literature! New, old, profound, absurd...bring it!




Here is my first review:




The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd






This is one of my new favorite books! My mother-in-law gave it to me and I devoured it. The story follows a young girl on a journey of self discovery in the most unlikely of places in the deep south in the 1960s: A vibrant and mysterious home of three black women bee keepers, makers of honey. The authors skilled wordsmithing creates a vivid bigger than life place very much like the most sacred places of childhood.


As a woman, you should read this book to truly appreciate femininity. As a man, you should read it for the same reason. I was profoundly moved by this book.






I am currently reading The Life of Pi and, 20 pages into it, I am satisfied. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

mary said...

I, for one, can't wait to read what you recommend! I LOVE reading your blog!