Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Birthday

Well it is appropriate that I am posting the day after my birthday because my birthday was so busy I didn't even realize I was twenty-three until ten o'clock last night driving back home from a very hectic day. So today is my "real birthday" the day that conveniently fits into my and everyone else's schedule. Today we celebrate!



So here's what I got so far:



first and foremost and previously agreed upon, was part of my camera! I'm so thrilled to have my digital SLR, and I can't wait to go crazy with it!



From Austin, I got the coolest shoes out there: Toms! For every pair you purchase, they donate a pair to a child who has no shoes. Check it out at their website. They're comfy, adorable, and lets face it, a little hippie. Totally rad shoes. Change the world!

Also with b-day money from my Mimi, I got a 2 year subscription to Domino, the totally hip decorating magazine that I am way into! I've talked about it before and you can check out their website here but be warned...it is addictive. If you want to subscribe, do it now! They have an online offer that will knock your socks off and it comes with a nifty tote bag. Can it get any better than that?















I did find a few minutes to settle in at Books-a-million and read through a really inspiring book called Meetings with Remarkable Trees by Thomas Pakenham. I absolutely loved it! It is filled with the most beautiful pictures of famous trees in Britain. Ancient trees and the stories behind them. Trees hundreds, even thousands of years old. Think what they have witnessed! Check it out in the Nature section of your local Books-a-million.


Trees are very spiritual to me. I enjoy looking at them and stopping for a moment to consider them. They are all unique, silent witnesses to the world. They remind me of a God so much bigger than my little world, a God who cares about something so much grander and quieter than we sometimes believe. He is in control, and maybe my own quietness and stillness is not something to feel guilty about but a good thing, a rest for my soul. It is good to be quiet and consider a tree.

No comments: