Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Thoughts

Just a little bit of what's on my heart lately. 

I watched a sunrise yesterday morning and felt really connected to God as I watched the blood red sky brighten like it did when I was out praying on the beach. My heart prayed "God, I want more" and I felt very clearly him say "Me too". I knew
​that the ache I felt for him was also the ache he feels for me. I want more but I have to give him more. How do I offer my life to him? Since he already offered his for me?
Deep calls to deep. I want more. I want to see God the way he says he is, I want to see myself the way he says I am. But my daily offering comes first. Or rather, they happen together. My life deepens with knowing God. The small things don't diminish but grow deeper. There are a lot of big things about God I'm desiring to see, a reality I'm hoping for, and stepping into that doesn't mean leaving what I know behind. I'm not completing levels of some sort of game where you move on, wash your hands and start a new thing. This all sounds so obvious as I'm writing it, but I forget these things sometimes. 

 I may not know the next "big" step, but I do know I'm called to serve and love my family, my neighbor, you. I want to dream big dreams while not missing the significance of the moment I'm in. 

What do I know? 

Love the Lord your God with all your heart soul and strength. And love your neighbor as yourself. 

All the promises of God find their YES in him (Jesus). 

There's more. 

I want congruence in my life. I'm seeing this really big vision of who God is, and I want my life to match that belief. I want the love I have for others to be as deep as the bigness of the God I love. I want the smallest task in my day to be the biggest act of worship. Nothing is insignificant. No one, no thing, no act. 

"Oh, the depths of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgements, and his paths beyond tracing out! Who has known he mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor? Who has ever given to God, that he should repay him? For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen" (-Romans 11:33-36)

No comments: