Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2008

any day now...

I am going to explode. Really. It could happen at any moment. I need to create. Something's gotta happen soon. I want to write music, I want to decorate my nonexistent house, I want to talk deeply with someone over a cup of joe and let the cool tunes wash over our intimate chat and strike a chord (LOVE that phrase) in our hearts as we enjoy the infinite possibilities our young lives are plagued with.

I want to play the harp. I want to feel the deep velvet vibrations of an upright bass that speaks directly to the deepest part of my soul. I want to dance. Sing. I want the world to know there's more to me than just this face. I want to know that.

God, you are amazing. Who can fathom how deep how wide the love of God? I cannot escape it. I see you wherever I am. In the eyes of a stranger. In the greening grass and budding trees. The hint of warmth in the air. Your own breath whispering throught the trees. Oh, to know you as a tree. Tall, strong, branches raised in praise, constant acknolwedgment of you. Roots deep in truth. Steadfast through all seasons.

Come thou fount of every blessing
Tune my heart to sing thy praise
Streams of mercy never ceasing
Call for songs of loudest praise

Teach me some melodious sonnet

sung by flaming tongues above...

Praise the mount! I'm fixed upon it
Mount of thy redeemig love

Here I raise my Ebenezer
Hither by thy help I'm come
And I hope by thy good pleasure
Safely to arrive at home

Prone to wander, Lord I feel it
Prone to leave the God I love...

Here's my heart, O take and seal it
Seal it for they courts above

Jesus sought me when a stranger
Wandering from the folds of God
He to rescue me from danger
Interposed his precious blood

O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be
Let thy goodness like a feter
Bind my wandering hear to thee

Prone to wander Lord I feel it
Prone to leave the God I love
Here's my heart Lord take and seal it
Seal it for thy courts above!

No comments: