Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2008

another day

I am happy today. Austin and I took a walk this morning in a random neighborhood, and had a wonderful conversation that was long overdue. We talked. The way husbands and wives are supposed to talk. About everything, the big things, the little things, the deepest fears and longings of our hearts. There is so much going on under the surface in people. Even my own husband surprises me sometimes. We are so together, we forget to talk.

I feel like that is such an easy thing to do. I mean, I married him to be my closest friend, my intimate confidant. And yet we've come to a place as all people do, where we forget to invest in each other as separate people. Today was a day for that. We talked. It's a nice thing.

I've been thinking a lot about what I used to have before we moved. We had a group of people who were so very strongly devoted to Jesus in their daily lives that they never ceased to amaze me. They loved us even if we had nothing in common. They taught me so much about love and living a righteous life. It's the little things that matter. They were so far beyond trying to be an attractive "church". They simply loved all around them and that was extremely contagious.

I miss that. How do I be that now? Be praying for us as we seek His will.


Later that day...

I had an absolute blast at Art Walk! If you don't go, you should. I saw some great art, great friends, heard some great music (special shout out to the amazing gospel choir that was singing all evening!) and really fed a part of my soul that I have neglected for a while.

What a great day!

No comments: