Pages

Monday, April 7, 2008

Facing Facts

I've decided to deal with something that I've simply never wanted to. Since I was sixteen, my face has been pink or red, my skin never perfect. I was told it was rosacea and simply gave up after a few years of trying to figure it out. I always felt selfish caring when there were people with so much worse going on in their lives. Anyway, I met and married Austin and the last fear involved with it was squelched because he made me feel and see myself as beautiful. I havent thought about my skin since. Let me interject here ladies that if you ever consider settling than less than feeling like a goddess around your guy, think about it long and hard. No matter how humble we christians think we're supposed to be, we are made to feel beautiful!
Well I truly haven't given my skin condition a thought until recently when with the encouragement of my mom, I decided to give it one more try. I went to a dermatologist and it was much more emotional that I ever would have thought it would be.
The big thing he told me was that I don't have rosacea. We aren't sure what it is exactly, but he thinks its a skin sensitivity. Way better than rosacea! But it's difficult to process what exactly that means when for seven years I've thought I had an incurable disease with no known cause that was going to get progressively worse with time. Now, I might just have to use fragrance free products. I'm still trying to process that. Seven years ago, what happened? Why didn't the other two dermatologists even suggest this possibility and say within seconds of seeing me "it's rosacea".
So, now here I am. Ready to really try to get to the bottom of this. The first step is that I have replaced all my products even shampoo with fragrance free products and...no makeup. Atleast not for a while.
So here I am folks! No makeup! It's kind of terrifying, but very liberating. I can get ready to go as quick as Austin now! Haha.

Austin brought me roses after my dermatologist appointment. He is so supportive of me. What whould I do without him?


Puppy love.



My mom brought me these that day too. I'm really lucky to have my mom! Purple tulips!
So I know this is a wierd post, but hey! It's what's going on in my life. That's what this blog is all about.








No comments: