Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Incredible Exploding Brain

That's going to be the headline when my brain cannot possibly handle any more of this crazy "Integration" stuff. I can't get my mind around it all. So I have to reflect.

Yesterday, the consensus was that truth is relational.


Today we looked at human nature. And I had no idea that it was going to be an intense lesson in triune theology. I learned more about trinitarian theology in this six hours of my class than I ever have in 23 years of going to church. Without even getting into it, becuase I couldn't possibly regurgitate it at this point, I want to simply encourage you to dig deep into some good ol' trinitarian theology. I don't know where to tell you to start, but maybe I'll have more tomorrow.

So, the very nature of God is relational. To quote Kierkegaard, "God is the relationship that is perfectly related to himself."

And so what does it mean to be made in the image of God?

Here's what I wrote in class:

Physically, not sure, but the ability to love as God is love is in our abilities. To purposefully actively share in mutual compassion as a community through relationship as in the Trinity. I would dare to say that relationship is the image of God, and striving for singularity and individualism, one man alone does not represent the image of God.

So, truth is relational, God is relational, and human nature is
relational.

No comments: