Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Mount Righteous!




So last night at my favorite spot, Monks, Austin and I went to one of the best shows I've been to in a long time! Check them out here:

And why were they so cool? I went not even knowing who I was going to see. Mount Righteous is an 11 piece band...ELEVEN...including tuba, trombones accordion, bells, percussion, and a melodica. Their lyrics were so happy and I dare to use the word innocent. Talking to one of the guys after the show he said, "There's enough sad music in the world, we play the happy stuff." I couldn't stop smiling. And although their style might not be the one you chill to while studying or even choose for your everyday background music, the show was definitely a DON'T MISS. You leave feeling like, "Hey, life is good. Whatever else is going on in the world, life is good."


No comments: