Pages

Monday, May 12, 2008

Turn turn turn...

Austin and I were talking last night about how things are turning out and wondering to ourselves, "what's next?" when Austin said, "Isn't it wierd to think that this is next? That when we were living in Austin we wondered what would be next and now here we are," That blew my mind. We are so quick to move on to the next.

The past us never imagined that we would go from being employed at a pottery (which the past- past us never imagined!) and fellowshiping with a house church to moving back to Abilene with high hopes of grad school, jobs and grand adventures. But here we are. I'm in school, Austin starts in the fall, we're moving into a little rent house, got new computers, sold pottery at the coolest coffee shop in town and so much more. I mean, these are the things you could never plan. I think it is important to remember where you come from. And not to worry so much about where you are going becuase if He's leading you, you'll get there. We're entering into a very hectic crazy time in our lives as young married college/grad students with jobs (well, i'm still looking). We're really going to need God's strength and wisdom and guidance for this time. But all of it is made so sweet by this excitement of new opportunity. It's gonna be a ride!

And speaking of change, isn't it amazing how everything seems to happen at once? I'm afraid that I might need to sell my car sometime soon, so please be praying that we do the right thing at the right time.

New jobs, new degrees, new cars, new house (rent!), new fellowship, new...

...and yet the old remains a part of you forever. Not a day goes by that I don't think of the people and things I loved in Austin. I am who I am becuase of them! So if any of you are reading this, know that you are all so deeply seeded in my heart, and I pray for you often with joy. Paul said it best...

3I thank my God every time I remember you. 4In all my prayers for all of
you, I always pray with joy 5because of your partnership in the gospel from the
first day until now, 6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in
you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
7It
is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart;
for whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you
share in God's grace with me. 8God can testify how I long for all of you with
the affection of Christ Jesus.
9And this is my prayer: that your love
may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, 10so that you may be
able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of
Christ, 11filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus
Christ—to the glory and praise of God.

Congratulations to Russell and Suzy on the arrival of Ryan West. I can't wait to meet you!

No comments: