Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

New Season

Well, as you can see, the blog has a new look, a new name and I'm pretty excited about it. In a lot of ways it is symbolic of the new season in my life. I have completed my master's degree and for the first time in a long time, I am not a student.

I was so excited to find that the creativity that I used to have was still there after two strenuous years of grad school. Life just seems a little more vibrant these days.

I don't have a job yet and at first that was scary. What's going to happen? What am I going to be doing the week after graduation? It was the first time I had ever had a major life transition without knowing what I was moving in to. Was it going to be a winter or a spring?

But God is faithful. I know now that that is all I need to know. So I'm waiting. Waiting and praying for each step in this journey into another season. It's sort of like those couple of weeks, like right now, where the air wobbles between seasons. You can feel the fall in the air, but the afternoon is still blazing hot. At least that's how it happens here in Texas. There is a promise of change and newness if you wake up early enough to catch it. And that promise is enough to hope in.

A new season is coming. Vibrant magical autumn is on its way.

No comments: