Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

The Silver Stars Are Shining

Oh, the Oscars.
I'm not above it! I love the awards. And this year, I actually had a favorite to win. I was rooting!

The Artist was one of the most satisfying movies I've seen in a very long time and I was thrilled that Hollywood took notice. That a brilliantly artistic, beautiful story was crafted to it's full potential with no frills, no dialogue even. It was just plain good.


And yet everyone in my town that I talked to about it said the same thing: "We were the only people in the theatre". Granted, Austin took me for Valentine's day, and so this was a romantic plus. But it made me sad that my town didn't care too much for this beautiful movie.

No gore, no sex, no shocking visual stunts (although there were incredibly dramatic shots that were great!) or CG.

And yet it resonated with the very core of a person.

A Best Picture winner that is suitable for all audiences. Go see it. You will not be disappointed!

No comments: