Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

38 weeks and 6 days

Update from our doctor's appointment on Tuesday: we're about the same. I was a little disappointed just because we got excited thinking she was on her way! Now it's been almost another week and still nothing. We'll see where we are next Tuesday.

My blood pressure was high at my visit and so our doctor sent us up to labor and delivery for an hour and I have to say that was an emotional roller coaster because I was not ready to be talking inducing! But after an hour of monitoring, my blood pressure stayed in the normal range and we got to go home. I guess I was nervous in the doctor's office or something. It was really cool getting to sit and listen to our baby girl's heart beat for an hour though. We giggled when she would kick and it would go up, or when she would move into and out of the heart monitor.

Apparently I am having regular, though painless, contractions which has got to mean we're getting close. Well, at this point we're only a week from our due date so we're close no matter what!

I've had some random uncomfortable contractions the last couple of days but nothing regular or worth timing. So, things are happening, but this waiting things is tough! I'm so ready to hold and know my baby! And it's amazing, I'm not even afraid of the delivery process anymore. I'm just ready.

Not a bad place to be.

I also got everything at work where it needed to be for me to be on leave and I'm so relieved about that. It feels great! I never knew how it was all going to work out but here we are, and we're ready!

I have an awesome intern who is covering my clients while I'm gone and I'm so happy to know my clients that I care so much about are going to be taken care of. I don't know what the future holds as far as after my maternity leave, so I'm still doing some mental gymnastics of preparing for going back to work and staying home, whichever happens. I guess I'm feeling like going back to work is probably what is going to happen, but we don't know for sure what God has planned yet. Seven weeks is a long time.

Well, baby girl, we're ready when you are! I know you're getting so close now. I pray that this world will treat you well. It's not perfect, but there is a lot of beauty in it too. I love you so much already and only want love and happiness and joy for you. I guess I'll have to trust God with you. It's hard though because it's hard enough trusting Him with myself, let alone my baby. I want to protect you, to keep you safe, to love you, to help you become a strong joyful spirit filled daughter of God, and I know that means I have to trust Him with you. Oh, how we love you, Avery Elizabeth. Enjoy these last few days in your secret place. As much as I love keeping you safe and close inside, I cannot wait to meet you face to face. 

There have been lots of songs and verses lately about you...songs about sheep and the shepherd, about being protected and tended by a loving shepherd. He's going to take care of you. You are precious to Him. Even more precious than you are to us, which is so hard to imagine. 
We will see you soon! 
Love, 
Mom and Dad

No comments: