Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

38 Weeks!


37 weeks, so not our latest picture.
We go to the doctor in the morning to find out if anything is happening! Last week I was 3 cm and 70% effaced. I was just sure we were going to have our little girl this week, but still not signs of labor. Now we're at 38 weeks and only two weeks till our due date!

Austin's 30th birthday was this past Thursday and I think we were hoping for a really great birthday present. But we also know that God knows exactly when she needs to get here, so we'll wait and try to be patient. 

It's hard though! Knowing that things are moving along physically makes it hard to wait for Aug 26th to roll around, and even at that, there could still be a week or two if she wanted.

I just can't wait to be on the other side of the delivery. Not because I'm scared or not looking forward to it, but because I'm ready to have done it. I'm ready to meet my little baby girl and start this new chapter of being parents.

table and pillow, hospital bags are packed!
We worked on the nursery again this weekend. I can't seem to sit still. I know resting would feel nice and I need it, but there's always something I want to do instead. So we refinished an end table for the nursery and I finished making the fox pillow I started a while ago. It really feels finished now! Amazingly, I think we're actually ready for her to get here!

Today I feel rather emotional. I'm tired and my feet are very puffy. And I think I just want my baby. I know it is sooooo close, but somehow that is excruciating. I see what you're doing here, God. I see how this is an incredible lesson in faith and trusting your timing. I pray I can trust that you will carry us through this journey safely. I'm trying not to get caught up in the things I could worry about. Help me to lay them in your hands and trust you to take care of me and our baby.


Baby Girl, we're trying to wait patiently for you do decide to arrive! We love you so much already and can't wait to be your mommy and daddy. We are so thankful that God has blessed us so graciously with a smooth and safe pregnancy, that you have been so safe and healthy so far. We pray for you every day. I know it's a big journey you're about to go on, and we'll do everything we can to make it a safe and beautiful happy one. Oh, how much we love you. We're so close now, baby girl. 
Love, Mom and Dad

No comments: