Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Resolutions!

Okay, here goes.

1. Read Oswald Chamber's My Utmost for His Highest.

2. Straight A's this semester!

3. Tell my husband "I love you" first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

4. Blog consistently!

5. Nurture my creative spirit! I'm not sure exactly how, but it will involve singing and my guitar, pottery, a new digital camera (cross your fingers!), and hopefully a painting or two.

6. Do some volunteering around town.

7. Pray with my husband every day, seeking His will for us.

8. Surrender my life to Him each day.

9. Exercise! (that will be the first one to go...)

10. Enjoy life!




Today was a wonderful day. On the farm, you get up with the sun, and can tell what time it is by how high the sun has risen in my window. Most of the time I don't know what time it is or what day it is. After a lazy morning I polished my mom's silver tea service, and there is something very rewarding about that.
I got dressed and braided my hair, which took about half an hour since I have never done a french braid before and headed out for the garden. Nobody was there so I climbed up onto my dad's old farmall tractor and just enjoyed being outside. It was a beautiful sunny warm day.
I found Austin helping my dad move cross ties. There was a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction in him that made me very happy.
We ate lunch and then headed to the barn to work on our pottery. We are pleased with the progress so far! We worked until it was time to go eat dinner.

Oh! And yesterday, we made a day trip to Austin to pick up some clay supplies and on the way home with our 700 pounds of materials had a monumental moment that we will remember forever: We are starting our own business! Well, we're gonna give it a shot anyway, and actually having the supplies in our car made it feel like we were really going to try! We are so excited about the future and its such a neat time the be living, where there have been no let downs no hard times, just the excitement of the unknown. No matter what happens, I'm thankful for this sweet time.
I know God is in control and that he's working his will. I know that I don't have to be worried. I know I don't have to have all the answers. He is in control. It really is that simple. My life is simple and sweet and I am blessed beyond measure by my family, friends, even my dog, Rocket. That's a happy face I'm always glad to see.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Awesome! I'm glad you're resolved! Here's to a resolution revolution! Hopefully someday soon I'll find some pictures and I can enter into a terrific discussion about how I might go about acquiring a tankard or two made by your lovely hands. (Obviously, no rush here, I'll have to wait 'til aforementioned articles could be hand delivered this summer.)