Pages

Friday, June 6, 2008

Dog Days

I don't know why dogs are used in such a negative connotation in phrases like. "gone to the dogs" and "dog days of summer" or "you dog!" but alas, it is so. I have never met a dog I didn't like and they have been nothing but joy in my life. So maybe we could coin a new phrase that praises the solidarity of dogs, the happy-go-luckiness of dogs and the dopey loyalty they are wired to express toward us.


Anyway, I was inspired by the book "The Dog Who Loved Cheerios: And other stories of indulgence" with it's beautiful dog portraits. And so got out my camera to make a tribute to my dog, Rocket, who truly knows what its all about.


This was a one second exposure with no tripod, so pardon the slight fuzziness.


I love this little dog because he doesn't worry about anything. He knows there will always be food and a nice comfy chair. He loves life and everyone he meets, human or canine. Unfortunately his grace does not extend to the feline, but we all have our flaws.

1 comment:

mary said...

Let's see...you took that picture on the 6th and he is still in the chair...thus another phrase..."lazy dog" ...or "lucky dog".