Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Thank you, Gay Christian Network

I felt compelled to express gratitude to Justin at Gay Christian Network and his blog Crumbs from the Communion Table
Justin,


I just want to take a moment to say thank you for what you are doing. Let me humbly admit that I am wrestling with the question at the center of this ongoing debate and don’t know what I think…which honestly feels like such a naïve position to be in since I am filled with compassion and love when I read things like your blog.


As a wounded Christian woman who has felt the sting of others debating my destiny without my voice, I have found your voice invaluable. Who am I to form an opinion on someone without their voice?

But I was praying one day after journeying into your blog for the first time and simply asked, “God, what is the truth?” Very quickly, I heard an almost fierce voice, “I love them.” It was the fierceness of this loving voice that struck me. I feel that there is no where to start but with that fierce love for one another.


And so, my position for now (for always) is love. Again, I want to thank you so very much for your honesty, your loving compassionate ability to be at the center of a debate that has not been so kind to your side of the argument.

I pray that that fierce love surrounds you as you continue your work.


Your sister in Christ and faithful blog reader,

Elizabeth


No comments: